This hotel has gone to town with its new waterpark. It also packs in pools, restaurants and a glut of sports and activities.
Tropical gardens set the scene for the new waterpark here – it’s got all sorts on the bill, from speedy chutes to mini-slides for kids. There are a couple of pools to pick from, too.
The hotel sits close to a sandy beach that hosts everything from volleyball to snorkelling. And inside, rooms are modern and stocked with big beds, USB charging stations and a balcony or terrace.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating
Based On 2731 reviews
Holidays with unlimited waterpark access
- Unlimited access to the wettest and wildest waterparks
- All parks rated by our expert slide tester
- Kids' clubs at selected hotels
With Thomson Airways
- Direct flights from 7 UK airports
- Fly on the spacious new Dreamliner
- Experience quieter, jetlag-busting flights
- Enjoy complimentary drinks
- Upgrade to Premium Club for additional benefits
- UK airport lounge access for Premium Club guests
All Inclusive - Here's what you get
Full Board meals. Unlimited 24-hour snacks.
Unlimited international brand drinks. Re-stocked minibar.
Sports and Activities
All are included except where indicated.
Facilities► View all
The waterpark here is on site. The line-up includes rides like the Hidrotubo, the Rollercoaster and the Black Hole. They’ll get your adrenaline pumping with loads of twists and turns. And the Black Hole has a hair-raising vertical drop. These slides are for riders over 120cm.
Kids have a play zone with water jets and mini slides. Just so you know, kids under 6 must have an adult with them. You’ll find a multi-lane slide and wave pool here, too – under 12s must be with an adult in the wave pool. The restaurant and bar offer soft drinks, and they're included as part of your All Inclusive package.
The spa offers a sauna, steam room and whirlpool bath, as well as a list of treatments.
Outdoor relax pool
With a backdrop for the chill-out zone.
Rooms ► View all
premium double room
Premium double room sleeps up to four with two queen-size or one king-size bed. Bluetooth audio station, cable TV, coffee-maker and USB recharge station are provided. Premium rooms are larger than Deluxe double rooms.
Deluxe room sleeps up to four - can also be sold as a single. With two queen-size or one king-size bed. With a Bluetooth audio station, cable TV, coffee-maker and USB recharge station are provided. You'll have either a pool view or garden view.
TripAdvisor Traveller Reviews Show more reviews »
Nice but not consistent
Stayed 8/14 - 8/20. We were talked in to upgrading to Diamond club when we were checking in. Glad we did because I don't think I would've been treated as well if we didn't. First room was not diamond level. Regular room with a lattice bathroom door. No privacy! Had to hang a towel over the door but that was just a band aid on a bullet hole. There was no light in the shower and the shower curtain was hung on a diagonal so it stuck to your arms when it got wet. Went and complained (in the diamond lounge) and was moved the next day to a different room with a privacy door in the bathroom and a light in the shower. Spoke to another guest at the pool who had a silver bracelet (mine was gold) to see what she had gotten in comparison. She had a better room than us so off I went back to the diamond lounge. Moved a third time to a bigger room with a jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room and a huge walk in shower. Only downfall was the shower was in the room, not the bathroom, and it had a clear shower door. In passing other rooms, I did see the lattice door but they had frosted glass on the other side of it and the huge walk in showers had frosted glass doors as well which make more sense being they are in the room where the other room members can see you. No problem, I took a towel from the pool and hung it over the door. The room was nice and big so I let it slide. I must say that our butler, Valentin, was the best! He went above and beyond when he found out it was my bday. He left a cake with a note and sparkling wine in the room for us. Very sweet. He also made sure to have our fridge stocked with plenty of diet pepsi. We have a diabetic family member and we didn't trust the restaurants / bars to give us diet when we asked after 3 times getting regular pepsi so we BYO "DP". Jose and Mary kept us entertained daily by the pool and nightly by the show area. They are both very energetic. The bartenders by the party pool make delicious drinks but when it's crowded good luck getting one. They don't seem to realize that maybe they should help someone who has been waiting longer than the guy who just swam up next to you. The food was so so but nothing that is being pumped out in bulk will ever be good. We tried to get in to the steak house but there were no reservations available and always a 2 hour wait. We were able to get in to Zen for hibachi and that was actually very good. The water park was fun for my kids for a couple of hours on 2 days and then they were done with it. Good luck finding chairs at the water park though. The beach was nice and empty due to the water being polluted with seaweed. We went to check it out and left right away. Be VERY careful walking around as the whole place is tile and it's VERY slippery when it gets wet. People were slipping all over the place. We had to walk slow and take small steps. It rained 2 nights, 1 of which was a monsoon. They had staff putting towels down to soak up the water before it seeped into the guest rooms. They do provide umbrellas in the rooms for such occasions. There are buses that will take you from place to place within the resort but I found the walk to be nice. Especially from memories to the Royalton. The grounds are pretty and there are peacocks, ducks and other cute birds to look at on the way. All in all a great vacation but due to the food quality, I don't think we'd return.More
Just an average property
I have so much to say and want to be concise so here is my experience when I went to this property along with 3 other family friends and their children We arrived at checkin time Rooms weren't ready and were told give them 45 min We waited over 2 hours for our rooms My room was nice and I liked building 7 because it's centrally located Room didn't have towels actually none of our rooms had towels and we didn't get towels until that night and they still didn't have wash cloth towels They also told us that they did not have any more pool /beach towels For an all inclusive property towels should not be a problem to get Drinks are watered down Food is just okay Mexican restaurant is terrible Teen club and kids club are a plus if you bring children Management will put you on "hold" with your complaints for as long as they can. They are not trained in customer service resolution Beach is at the Royalton so you have to take their trolly to get there It was very evident that Memories is the "lower end" property and that Royalton is their luxury location When we finally got upgraded badges to the Royalton and went there , you could tell the difference Most of the workers at the resort in Memories do not speak English and are quick to give you what they "think" you are asking for Last but not least , there is no consistency on what type of service you get in your room Some of us got robes and slippers and turn down service with chocolate Some didn't . We all went out together so we were able to talk and compare between the 4 rooms and the different types of services received I don't plan on ever visiting this property again in my lifetime More
shirl241, New York City, New York
The good: the grounds are lovely and clean the waterpark (just the right size, fun for all) the bus/tram/trolly (takes you around resort and to Royalton, very reliable, rarely waited more than a minute or 2) Italian restaurant breakfast at buffet Bites burgers Nightly entertainment at Social Bar staff housekeeping the price activities at pool (foam party, floating obstacle course, Zumba, etc) Michael Jackson show at Royalton theater wifi the ok: pools (clean but water was a bit too warm and they can get crowded) beds (comfortable but pillows weren't the best) Under the Sea restaurant Mexican restaurant lunch and dinner buffets beach (seaweed was very bad one day, other days it was minimal) rooms (decent but showing some signs of wear the BAD: check in (it took forever and the lobby is not air conditioned) bathrooms in rooms (run down, some mildew, just need redone) noise level in poolside rooms (if you have napping children or retire early, get rooms in buildings 1-4!) slippery tiles covering walkways and poolside areas (I saw several children slip and fall and they were not running) Overall, considering the low price, it was a good vacation. It's hard to beat a waterpark when you are travelling with children! If you are super picky but still want the waterpark, spend the extra money to stay at the Royalton. I did not see any rooms, but it has a more upscale feel overall. I would not recommend this resort for couples looking for romance, as there were children everywhere (including mine)!More
angie1027, Southington, OH
Not what I expected
I upgraded to diamond club and was so disappointed as the room was nothing special. You are allocated a butler who can do things you may want doing but we found we were happy not to use him. We did use the diamond club pool but this was not cleaned properly as there was broken glass on the floor and bird droppings at the edge of the pool and glasses from the day before. I believe with improvements this hotel could be good but people will expect a lot better if they upgrade. It's one saving grace was the water park which was excellentMore
theresa b, Bicester, United Kingdom
Family Friendly with Water Park
1. Staff- I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The one exception were the representatives trying to get you to "tour" the Royalton. They became a real pain and when rejected several times were no longer their happy friendly selves. 2. Room- we were given a room with a large jetted soaking tub. Lots of room. There is a well stocked mini refrigerator filled daily. Wonderful HOT shower. The down side was that there was not hot water for the soaking tub, not even luke warm water. The WiFi is free but there was a poor signal and we lost the signal 30 to 40 times a day- very slow where we were located. The TV is modern and there were a nice number of channels where you can set up the language. The picture, however, would freeze for a minute of so during peak times. Our air conditioning was excellent with our own thermostat. We actually had to raise the temperature because the room was too cold! That's a good problem. There was a covered patio and plenty of room to dry wet items. Towels were limited. We were given 3 bath towels, 1 hand towel and 2 wash cloths. Even in a motel 6 you get 4 bath towels. NOTE: the rooms are very noisy. I'm not sure why but there was noise from above, the sides and the hall. 3. Smoke Free Resort- this is advertised as a "smoke free resort." It should be advertised as a "Free to smoke resort." People were smoking everywhere. We were in the kiddy pool with our grandchild and there were parents smoking in the pool. The resort should change their promotion as a smoke free resort to a smoke anywhere resort to be honest. 4. Restaurants- the main buffet has a very good selection of items. They must have an exceptional pastry chef. Wonderful desserts. Always plenty of fresh delicious fruit. We really enjoyed the Mexican restaurant the best. The tenderloin was outstanding and service was exceptional. The restaurants are not very air-conditioned so prepare for that. (I had called the hotel before the trip for the dress code. I was told long formal pants and shirt, no sandals for the men. When we got there it was ok to wear shorts and tees shirts in the restaurants as well as sandals. We had no trouble getting tables in the restaurants. 3. Pools- There are large pools but it took us three days to get our beach towels! I can't stand those towel people. I walked up to exchange a beach towel and the attendant was on his cell phone texting for more than a minute. I was right in front of him and finally said, "excuse me, may I exchange my wet towels?" I don't get it. In a resort with pools everywhere, a water park and the beach it's very hard to get dry towels. NOTE: Don't lose your towel cards. You receive 2 and if you don't turn them in it will cost you $25 per lost card. Pool hours are from 7AM to 7PM. The pool hours should be longer. 4. Water Park- this was great. The grandchildren had a ball. The slides are serious. The hours are from 9AM to 5PM. I think the hours should be longer. 5. The Beach- There was lots of sea weed and the water was very stirred up with bad visibility for snorkeling. Also, if you have small children or poor swimmers be aware that the water gets deep very fast. I did find that if you swim about 1/4 mile off shore to where the waves are breaking that there is a reef and pretty good visibility for snorkeling (about 20 feet). I saw schools of parrot fish, spinney puffers, jacks, a sea turtle and a very large eagle ray. Tons of black sea urchins Don't touch! are everywhere on the reef. The coral is trying to make a come back out there. There are plenty of beach chairs. 6. The "Train": the trucks pull wheeled passenger cars around the resort. They run from 6AM to midnight and about every 10 minutes. They were very good. As others have said it's about a 5 minute ride by "Train" or about a 10 minute walk to the beach. This is a great place for families with kids. It was a very nice family vacation.More
jcs2100, Pittsgrove, NJ
Things To Do► View all
People who looked at this hotel also viewed...
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
Prices displayed in the 'top places to stay' section are the lowest prices available departing within the next 365 days. All offers are subject to very limited availability.
All prices shown are updated once every morning and therefore could change at any time during the day. All prices shown are per person and are based on 2 adults sharing unless otherwise stated. When selecting an offer you will be asked to enter in the number of adults and children travelling, the applicable price will then be displayed based on your chosen party size.
All offers are subject to availability. First Choice reserves the right to withdraw these offers at any time and without notice. For full booking terms and conditions please click here