Photos of Best of Kenya Itinerary and Baobab Beach Resort
- Follow in the footsteps of royalty at Treetops
- The Great Rift Valley
- Games drives in Masai Mara reserve
- Night in Nairobi
- Optional balloon safari
The highlights of this trip go beyond the Big Five. During a seven-night safari, you’ll also get to see flamingos at Lake Nakuru, and eat dinner at the royal-recommended Treetops resort. When the game drives are over, you’ll have seven nights of indulgence at the All Inclusive Baobab Beach Resort.
Find out more about your itinerary, day by day...
Day 1 Nairobi
You'll stay at the Stanley Hotel in Nairobi, or similar, tonight, after a short internal flight from Mombasa.
Day 2 Samburu
This morning, you'll drive to the Samburu and Shaba Game Reserves. There's an afternoon game drive in Shaba. You’ll stay the night at the Sarova Shaba Lodge, or similar, after covering 415 kilometres.
Day 3 Samburu
Today you'll explore Samburu before spending the night at the Sarova Shaba Lodge or similar. You’ll cover 250 kilometres today.
Day 4 Outspan and Treetops
After getting up early, you'll set off for Nyeri. You’ll have lunch at the Outspan Hotel, and visit the Treetops in Aberdares National Park for dinner. There's an overnight stay here, too. You’ll travel 270 kilometres today.
Day 5 Great Rift Valley – Lake Nakuru Naivasha
Today you'll visit the Great Rift Valley, stopping at Nyaharuru Falls for a photo opportunity. Lunch is at Lake Nakuru. Overnight at Sarova Lion Hill or similar. You’ll cover 248 kilometres in total.
Day 6 Masai Mara
This morning you'll head to the Masai Mara Gamer Reserve. You'll spend two nights at the Mara Sarova Tented Lodge or similar. You’ll cover 255 kilometres today.
Day 7 Masai Mara
Today will be filled with game drives on the Mara Plains. Look out for zebra, wildebeest and gazelle.
Day 8 Masai Mara – Baobab Beach Resort
Back to top
After an early morning game drive, you'll travel to Nairobi for your flight to Mombasa - approx. 280km.
For the rest of your trip you’ll be staying at the All Inclusive Baobab Beach Resort, which is just footsteps from the white sands of Diani Beach. Right on the coast and surrounded by 80 acres of forest, this aptly-named hotel is in quite a spot. Swaying palms and native baobab trees stretch off into the distance, while a long ribbon of white sand gives way to the clear waters of the Indian Ocean. The garden view rooms here are set in tropical gardens, which give way to three swimming pools.
Room photos of Best of Kenya Itinerary and Baobab Beach Resort
Back to top
- At the Baobab Beach Resort:
- Standard rooms sleep up to 3 adults with king-size or twin beds, bathroom with shower, air-condiitoning, phone, fridge, hairdryer and balcony or terrace
- Food: Buffet breakfast 7.00-10.00, lunch 12.30-14.00 and dinner 19.00-21.00 in the main Karibu restaurant.
- Daily snacks 10.00-12.30 and 14.00-17.00 at the Tapa Tapa Bar.
- Drinks: From both bars and the snack bar between 10.00-23.00.
- Drinks include local beer, wine, selected spirits, cocktails, soft drinks and mineral water by the glass. Each bar has varying opening hours between 10.00-23.00.
- Daily tea and coffee. Diet drinks included if requested at time of booking.
Daytime Activities programme -
- Porini amphitheatre with evening entertainment
- Live shows
- Foreign language lessons - Kiswahili.
Sarova Shaba Lodge
- Volcanic desert location
- Next to the Yiro river
- Croc spotting from the decked area
- Unique treehouse design
- Follow in the footsteps of royalty
- Forest location
Sarova Lion Hill
- Located in the heart of the Park
- Haven for birdlife
- Views of Lake Nakuru
Mara Sarova Tented Lodge
- Masai village adjoining the camp
- Freeform pool with bar
- Tented rooms
Staying in the above lodges or similar.
- Full Board safari, first night in Nairobi is Bed and Breakfast, All Inclusive package at Baobab Beach Resort
- The Kole Kole section of the Baobab Beach Resort closes mid April to end of June yearly
- Operates on all departure dates
- Available on holidays of 14 nights or more
- This safari departs upon arrival at Mombasa airport so you will need to have your bag packed ready. Locked luggage can be stored at your coastal hotel
- Single rooms are available upon request
- Transportation is in a 7 seater safari van
- Minimum age for this safari is 7 years
- Luggage allowance: 15 kg in soft bag
- Kenya Airways manadatory requirement - full names of all travellers must be supplied at time of booking
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide.
Only from First Choice
Direct flights from the UK to Mombasa, Kenya, are only available from the First Choice Group.
They say size doesn't matter but trust us it does!
Travel longhaul with Thomson Airways and you can look forward to…
- 7” seatback TV with up to 10 movies – 5 each way – plus up to 7 TV channels, 10 music channels and 6 games
- Dedicated children’s TV channels
- 3-course meal with refreshments before landing
- 20kg luggage allowance and 10kg for children under 2
- Premium Club includes at least a 36” seat pitch, pampering goodies and a fast-track pass to the departure lounge at some airports
Upgrade to Premium Class and enjoy even more!
- A dedicated cabin exclusively for Premium passengers
- Increased seat pitch of at least 36”
- Wide leather seats with head support
- 9” widescreen seat-back TV with complimentary noise-reduction headsets
- Even more choice of in-flight entertainment, with an increased selection of movies, TV programmes, games and radio channels
- Complimentary drinks* including a drink before take-off, and a luxury pampering pack
- Dedicated cabin crew
- Priority check-in and boarding
- Pre-booking option – guaranteeing you sit together
Back to top
Charges may be made for some facilities in addition to those highlighted as payable locally above.
Back to top
* - payable locally
** - deposit required
† - Minimum age 14 years
†† - Minimum age 16 years
††† - Minimum age 18 years
*** - Must be accompanied by an adult
First Choice Premier
First Choice Premier benefits
Our Premier collection is made up of our best 4 and 5 star properties. As well as being great hotels in their own right, they come with these added extras…
- Extra Luggage* - we know every kilo counts, so you'll get 20kg to check in and 7kg to carry on the plane.
- Day-before check-in - Jump the queues with UK day-before check-in. It's free at Gatwick and Manchester and you can just turn up. At Birmingham, there's a small charge and you'll need to book.
*Flying with Thomson Airways. Conditions apply, see the A-Z Guide for details.