Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge has a big outdoor pool with a slide rushing into it. The restaurant line-up includes a fine-dining eatery, a buffet place, and a café – and with your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, you'll be able to pick from more than 100 dining venues across Walt Disney World Resort. There's a poolside bar, plus lounges which serve cocktails after dark. Kids can cut loose at Simba’s Cubhouse, and there’s a playground and an arcade, too. Days out are covered by your park tickets, which cover entry to all six Disney theme and water parks. Back at the hotel, you can head to the spa for a massage or a facial, or hit the gym if you fancy a workout.
SPORTS & ACTIVITIES
Kids will feel part of the pride at Simba’s Cubhouse*, which lays on daily activities and games. And if you’re aching to unleash your inner Timon or Pumbaa, pop to the Hakuna Matata Playground or Pumbaa’s Fun and Games Arcade*.
Jump on a shuttle bus to reach the parks – they’re free, and run from right outside the hotel. Once you’ve maxed out on thrills, grab a spot beside the pool and watch a Disney film under the stars.
- Simbas' Cubhouse*
Opening Times: [16.30-24.00]
On the first floor near the Uzima pool deck area, a supervised activity centre for children aged 3-12 is open daily. At this themed play space, children are invited to play video games, enjoy dinner and snacks, watch Disney movies and interact with other kids, while parents are off experiencing more adult-oriented fare.
- Hakuna Matata Playground
With climbing equipment and slides.
- Pumbaa's Fun and Games Arcade*
24-hour high-tech games room, featuring both classic arcade games and the latest in video game entertainment.
FOOD & DRINK
Dinners here set you up with a proper taste of Africa. In the fine-dining place*, you can chow down on Botswana-style short ribs and elk loin. Tanzanian chocolate mousse tops things off.
Hit the buffet restaurant*, and you can fill your boots with Durban-style roast chicken, Cape Malay lamb stew, and Kenyan coffee tarts. The Mara*, meanwhile, rolls out daytime snacks, like crispy chicken BLTs and falafel burgers.
- Jiko - The Cooking Place restaurant*
Dishes are a blend of traditional African, Indian and Mediterranean cuisine. Steak, chicken, seafood, vegan and vegetarian dishes are infused with a bold blend of flavours and spices. The children’s menu features pizza, grilled chicken or steak and fish. Booking is suggested.
- Uzima Springs pool bar*
Serving up a selection of cool drinks.
- The Mara quick-serve restaurant*
Named for a river flowing through Kenya and Tanzania, grab African stew, pitas, half-chicken dinners and American favorites like burgers and flatbreads. Breakfast is also served until 11:00 AM.
- 2 lounge bars*
Offering speciality coffees and teas and a variety of drinks in the evening in themed lounges.
- Boma restaurant*
Dine under a thatched roof at this buffet-style restaurant offering authentic African dishes.
- Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
As part of the included Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, you'll be able to have three meals a day, at over 100 Quick Service and Table Service venues across Walt Disney World Resort. One selected speciality drink is included per person, per meal - this can include a milkshake, smoothie, hot drink, beer, cider, wine, spirit with mixer or a cocktail - alcoholic drinks are for over 21s only†. On top of this, two snacks a day from a set list are included. You'll also get a refillable resort mug, which you can use to get unlimited free fountain soda refills, tea and coffee from the resort hotels only.
*Children aged 3 to 9 at the time of visit must order from a children’s menu where available. Gratuities are not included except at dinner shows, private in-room dining, pizza delivery, and Cinderella’s Royal Table. An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more. Certain menu items may incur an additional cost. An additional form of payment is required if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in for charging incidentals and other expenses. Fairytale Dining at Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner Shows and Signature Fine Dining require two waiter-service meal entitlements per person dining.
†Guests must be aged 21 or over and present valid ID to be served alcoholic beverages, and such beverages may only be redeemed with Self Service or Waiter Service meal entitlements. One beverage per meal.
HEALTH & BEAUTY
Even the gym’s been given an African makeover here. It’s free for guests to use, and boasts weights, resistance machines and treadmills.
Work out any knots with a massage* in the spa, or give your skin a treat with a citrus and herb facial*.
- Health club with spa services*
Near the Samawati Springs pool you'll find the fitness centre complete with a cardio room, treadmills, bicycles, stair climbers and free weights. Massages are offered nearby, too. The minimum age requirement is 14 and an adult must accompany 14-18 year olds.
Uncork a bottle of South African red or white in the Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar*. The Victoria Falls Lounge* dabbles more with cocktails, shaking everything from watermelon margaritas to chocolate martinis.
The walk-in pool feels like a tropical lagoon, thanks to wraparound palm trees and a thatched-roof bar*. Go for a nose around the gardens, and you’ll find a hot tub squirrelled away in a secret clearing.
- Uzima feature pool
A huge pool with a 128-foot long slide, a gently sloping zero-depth entry and the feeling of a natural watering hole. Surrounded by large canopy trees and Floridian palms, there are two whirlpools as well.
- Children's water play area
- Zawadi Marketplace Store
Opening Times: [07.30-23.00]
In the main lobby the marketplace offers authentic African-themed merchandise including Zulu baskets, hand-loomed clothing and hand-carved masks. Also a great place to buy Disney-branded items such as toys and Disney Character plush.
- Gift shop
- Shuttle service
Complimentary bus transportation to and from all Disney theme parks, Disney water parks and Disney Springs is available.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sunrise safari*
- Dry-cleaning services*
- Laundry service*
- Jumbo house campfire
Gather ’round the blazing campfire for rousing stories, fun and games, and toasted marshmallows!
- Disney's Ultimate Ticket
Disney's Ultimate Ticket gives you entry to six parks in one ticket, offering ultimate flexibility. You'll be able to come and go to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park.
Disney's Ultimate Ticket also includes:
• Memory Maker(1) with an adults ticket only. This includes access to all of your photos taken by Disney PhotoPass Photographers during your stay, including those from Character Experiences and Magic Shots, plus photos from selected attractions and dining locations. You'll get digital copies to share, download and keep.
• Disney FastPass+(2). You can skip the queues and reserve slots for selected attractions and entertainment experiences before leaving home.
(1) Memory Maker includes Disney PhotoPass photos and other digital content taken during the Memory Maker window and linked to the Memory Maker guest’s Disney account. If Memory Maker is sold or ordered in combination with a Park ticket, the Memory Maker window for that Memory Maker entitlement will be equal to the usage window of the associated Park ticket and will automatically begin upon the first use of the associated Park ticket. The Memory Maker window will end upon the sooner of either the expiration or depletion of the Park ticket. A MagicBand is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content. Photos and other digital content will expire pursuant to the expiration policy at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support. Valid Theme Park admission required for certain photo locations. Memory Maker is subject to Memory Maker terms at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/memory-maker-terms and, if applicable, Family & Friends terms at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ en_GB/park-experience-terms-conditions. Disney is not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos or other digital content.
(2) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
- Disney Guest Benefits
Disney Guest Benefits include:
• Extra Magic Hours - with Extra Magic Hours, each day one of the Disney Theme Parks is open an hour early or stays open up to two hours later, so you can enjoy selected attractions - valid Theme Park and Resort ID required.
• Disney FastPass+ Planning(1) - early access to reserve some Disney FastPass+ attractions, shows and more – up to 60 days before you arrive.
• Disney’s Complimentary Transportation - complimentary shuttle to and from the Disney Parks, Disney Springs and more.
• Free standard parking at all the Disney Theme Parks until 31st December 2019.
• Complimentary MagicBands(2) - use your secure MagicBands to access Disney Theme Parks, unlock your room, check-in at the FastPass+ entrance for attractions and entertainment, make payments at shops and restaurants, and link Disney PhotoPass photos to your Disney account.
(1) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required for Disney FastPass+. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
(2)Credit card must be presented at Walt Disney World Hotel check-in for purchase with MagicBand. Purchases are charged to your Disney Resort Hotel account. Your privacy is important to us - visit mydisneyexperience.co.uk/privacy for information about our privacy and data collection policies.
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
BOOK NOW! Call us on: 0203 636 1310
Get our top deals delivered to your inbox.Sign up for offers
- Holiday Types
- Mid/Long haul
- Short haul
- All inclusive
Travel Aware – Staying Safe and Healthy Abroad
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel
More information is available by checking http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/info/travel-aware
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
Some of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each holiday and travel service offered before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk