Disney's Coronado Springs Resort has a bunch of pools to pick from, including one with a Mayan temple beside it. On the food front, the options include a market-style eatery, an American restaurant and a Mexican grill joint. There's a poolside bar for daytime drinks and snacks, and a couple of places serving cocktails until late at night. Arcade games and volleyball are in the activities line-up, and open-air movies are shown after dark. The health club offers massages and salon appointments, and there's a gym where you can push for the burn.
SPORTS & ACTIVITIES
The playground here's like an archaeological site, with faux ruins and Mayan-themed slides. The grounds also have a sandy volleyball court and a lakeside jogging trail in their back catalogue. Inside, the Iguana Arcade's flush with air hockey, pinball and video game machines.
Shuttle buses do their bit to get you to and from the Parks. Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park is less than 15 minutes' drive away, and it's only a little longer to reach the rest of them.
- Coronado Springs campfire
- Amusement arcade*
- Video games*
- Jogging trail
Climb, slide and play to your heart's content on a archeologically-themed playground located at the Dig Site.
- Volleyball Court*
FOOD & DRINK
The Maya Grill delivers just what you'd expect – hearty Mexican cuisine. Sizzling fajita skillets, shrimp tacos and chilli-infused crème brûlées are all on the menu. Las Ventanas, meanwhile, gives breakfast a Central American twist with options like chorizo sausage baps and salsa-topped egg quesadillas.
There's a lively bustle to El Mercado de Coronado, which is set up like a street food-style courtyard. Every-flavour burgers cover international tastes, while cheese empanadas and Yucatan roasted chicken sing from a Mexican hymn sheet. Rix Sports Bar & Grill covers speciality sandwiches and draught beers.
- Mayan Grill*
Revel in the bold flavours of traditional Mexican and American cuisine at Maya Grill, a lively restaurant serving dinner daily at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Here, the essence of ancient Mexico greets you in a room accented by Mayan motifs of fire, sun and water.
- Pepper Market - American food court*
Satisfy your appetite with American favourites, there are 9 kitchens, offering breakfasts, rotisserie chicken, pasta, burgers and buffet lunches.
- Cafe Rix*
Take your pick from a selection of pastries, yogurt, fruit and salads, along with cakes, gelatos and sorbets. Drinks are also available, including speciality coffee, smoothies, beer and wine.
- Rix Lounge*
An elegant cocktail bar open in the evening until midnight.
- Pizza delivery*
- Laguna bar*
This breezy, outdoor lakeside lounge is a great place to unwind, imbibing your favourite drinks or sampling new ones.
- Pool bar*
The Lost City of Cibola pool bar are on hand with snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
As part of the included Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, you'll be able to have three meals a day, at over 100 Quick Service and Table Service venues across Walt Disney World Resort. One selected speciality drink is included per person, per meal - this can include a milkshake, smoothie, hot drink, beer, cider, wine, spirit with mixer or a cocktail - alcoholic drinks are for over 21s only†. On top of this, two snacks a day from a set list are included. You'll also get a refillable resort mug, which you can use to get unlimited free fountain soda refills, tea and coffee from the resort hotels only.
*Children aged 3 to 9 at the time of visit must order from a children’s menu where available. Gratuities are not included except at dinner shows, private in-room dining, pizza delivery, and Cinderella’s Royal Table. An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more. Certain menu items may incur an additional cost. An additional form of payment is required if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in for charging incidentals and other expenses. Fairytale Dining at Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner Shows and Signature Fine Dining require two waiter-service meal entitlements per person dining.
†Guests must be aged 21 or over and present valid ID to be served alcoholic beverages, and such beverages may only be redeemed with Self Service or Waiter Service meal entitlements. One beverage per meal.
- Las Ventanas - American restaurant*
- Three Bridges Bar & Grill* - open July 2019
- Toledos tapas restaurant* - open July 2019
HEALTH & BEAUTY
La Vida Health Club takes care of your workout and pampering needs. It lines up a state-of-the-art gym, a salon and a menu of massages*.
- La Vida Health Club
Opening Times: [24-hours]
Offering state-of-the-art Life Fitness equipment, locker rooms, spa services and a sauna. Open 24 hours a day with an attendant present from 6.30am to 7pm. Children of 14-17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Hot tub
Want to unwind after a busy day of treasure hunting? The 22-person hot tub is one of the largest at any Walt Disney World Resort hotel. Between dips you can stroll down the nature trail or grab a poolside drink at Siestas Cantina.
- Beauty salon*
Located in the Casitas area, next door to the La Vida Health Club, the Casa de Belleza salon provides hair and beauty treatments for women and men.
- Body wraps*
Head to the Lost City of Cibola-themed pool after dark, and you can settle in for open-air movies in ancient-looking surroundings. And if evenings outside are your bag, stick around for one of the marshmallow-roasting campfires.
You've got a handful of options when it comes to an evening tipple. The Laguna Bar churns out coconut and mango-tinted sangria, mango margaritas and raspberry mojitos. Night owls head to the Rix Sports Bar & Grill, where you can get stuck into cocktails until midnight.
Swimming feels more like an adventure than a chill-out activity here. The main pool's neighbours with a whopping Mayan temple, which has flumes swirling out from its stepped sides. Totem-style columns spray water into the pool, and a curtain of greenery keeps the whole place private.
Elsewhere, the Casitas, Rancho and Cabanas pools deliver some extra variety. They're spread out around the lake, so you're never more than a couple of minutes' stroll from somewhere to cool off.
- The Lost City of Cibola Pool
A themed pool with a unique 123-foot jaguar waterslide. There are also sunbeds and a pool bar so you can watch you little explorers in comfort.
- Children's water play area
- 3 quiet pools
You can cool off in the other 3 heated pools in the Casitas, Ranchos and Cabanas areas, which you may find are a lot quieter. These pools are also complete with sunbeds and parasols for you to enjoy the sun.
While swimming is prohibited in Lago Dorado, there is plenty of warm beach to lounge on and soak up the sun, or enjoy a lazy siesta in a hammock under a palm tree.
- Shuttle service
Complimentary bus transportation to and from all Disney theme parks, Disney water parks and Disney Springs is available.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Dry cleaning and laundry service is available from the front desk. Coin-operated self-service laundry facilities are located throughout Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.
- Panchito's Gifts and Sundries*
Adjacent to the main lobby in the El Centro building you can browse Southwestern merchandise, Disney products and holiday essentials that have been forgotten.
- Gift shop
- Disney Guest Benefits
Disney Guest Benefits include:
• Extra Magic Hours - with Extra Magic Hours, each day one of the Disney Theme Parks is open an hour early or stays open up to two hours later, so you can enjoy selected attractions - valid Theme Park and Resort ID required.
• Disney FastPass+ Planning(1) - early access to reserve some Disney FastPass+ attractions, shows and more – up to 60 days before you arrive.
• Disney’s Complimentary Transportation - complimentary shuttle to and from the Disney Parks, Disney Springs and more.
• Free standard parking at all the Disney Theme Parks until 31st December 2019.
• Complimentary MagicBands(2) - use your secure MagicBands to access Disney Theme Parks, unlock your room, check-in at the FastPass+ entrance for attractions and entertainment, make payments at shops and restaurants, and link Disney PhotoPass photos to your Disney account.
(1) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required for Disney FastPass+. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
(2)Credit card must be presented at Walt Disney World Hotel check-in for purchase with MagicBand. Purchases are charged to your Disney Resort Hotel account. Your privacy is important to us - visit mydisneyexperience.co.uk/privacy for information about our privacy and data collection policies.
- Disney's Ultimate Ticket
Disney's Ultimate Ticket gives you entry to six parks in one ticket, offering ultimate flexibility. You'll be able to come and go to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park.
Disney's Ultimate Ticket also includes:
• Memory Maker(1) with an adults ticket only. This includes access to all of your photos taken by Disney PhotoPass Photographers during your stay, including those from Character Experiences and Magic Shots, plus photos from selected attractions and dining locations. You'll get digital copies to share, download and keep.
• Disney FastPass+(2). You can skip the queues and reserve slots for selected attractions and entertainment experiences before leaving home.
(1) Memory Maker includes Disney PhotoPass photos and other digital content taken during the Memory Maker window and linked to the Memory Maker guest’s Disney account. If Memory Maker is sold or ordered in combination with a Park ticket, the Memory Maker window for that Memory Maker entitlement will be equal to the usage window of the associated Park ticket and will automatically begin upon the first use of the associated Park ticket. The Memory Maker window will end upon the sooner of either the expiration or depletion of the Park ticket. A MagicBand is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content. Photos and other digital content will expire pursuant to the expiration policy at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support. Valid Theme Park admission required for certain photo locations. Memory Maker is subject to Memory Maker terms at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/memory-maker-terms and, if applicable, Family & Friends terms at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ en_GB/park-experience-terms-conditions. Disney is not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos or other digital content.
(2) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
BOOK NOW! Call us on: 0203 636 1310
Get our top deals delivered to your inbox.Sign up for offers
- Holiday Types
- Mid/Long haul
- Short haul
- All inclusive
Travel Aware – Staying Safe and Healthy Abroad
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel
More information is available by checking http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/info/travel-aware
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
Some of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each holiday and travel service offered before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk