InWalt Disney World Resort, Orlando, United States Of America
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has a couple of outdoor pools, plus a splash park for kids. There are six restaurants and a couple of snack bars, plus two cocktail joints for evening tipples. Arcade machine marathons and outdoor movies are on the activity list, and the monorail outside gets you to Walt Disney World Resort in no time. Sprawl out in the spa for massages and beauty treatments, or give your muscles the what for in the gym.
SPORTS & ACTIVITIES
Go for a jaunt across the lake on one of the moored-up boats*, or ride the monorail for a couple of minutes to hit the rides at Magic Kingdom Park. You can dangle some bait on a fishing outing*, or stick to the arcade machines on home soil.
- Arcade machines*
- Boat rental*
Boats can be rented from the marina.
- Speciality cruises*
Great for a celebration or romantic date night.
FOOD & DRINK
True to it's gilt-edged style, this place has a AAA Five Diamond Award-winning restaurant named after Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. It cherry picks the best ingredients from around the world, like Italian truffles, Russian caviar and Japanese beef.
There are five other restaurants to keep mealtimes varied. Meet Disney Characters for brekky at 1900 Park Fare, tuck into coastal-inspired cuisine at Narcoossee's, and get a taste for Mediterranean-meets-American cuisine in Citricos. A grill place and a parlour-style café round things off.
- Victoria and Albert's à la carte restaurant*
Enjoy 6-course international dinners with first-class waiter service in impeccable surroundings. Fresh flowers and fine linens on the tables, a harpist playing in the background, and a menu of timeless classics like Kobe beef and Italian truffles. This place has been awarded the AAA Five Diamond Award® since 2000. Dress code stipulates that gentlemen wear a jacket to dinner.
- 1900 Park Fare buffet restaurant*
They dish up buffet breakfast and dinner here, and while you tuck in, your favourite characters come along to say hello.
- Narcoose's seafood restaurant*
You can see the lagoon from this smart seafood eatery where Maine lobster and New York strip steak are on the menu. Reservations are recommended and a smart dress code is in place.
- A la carte dining*
In the international, seafood, Mediterranean and American restaurants.
- Citrico's fine-dining restaurant*
With Mediterranean inspiration, the dishes served here an elegant treat for the taste buds. The menu changes seasonally offering dishes like veal shank, oak-grilled filet of beef and vegetable risotto alongside desserts such as tropical crème brûlée.
- Grand Floridian Cafe American restaurant*
The surroundings offer all the trappings of Victorian America, but with a modern day menu and a relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast on waffles. enjoy salad or sandwiches for lunch, and fill up on steak or pork chops for dinner.
- Gasparilla Grill and games snack bar*
Open 24 hours this casual place serves up breakfast 'til 11am and pizza, burgers and grill food until 11.30pm. Grab 'n go food and drinks are available the rest of the time.
- Lounge bar*
Offering international wines, cocktails and coffees as well as light appetisers.
- Lounge bar*
Sip a vintage port or brandy and listen to the live lobby orchestra while taking in views of the gardens.
- Beach and pool bar*
With drinks and snacks available.
- Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
As part of the included Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, you'll be able to have three meals a day, at over 100 Quick Service and Table Service venues across Walt Disney World Resort. One selected speciality drink is included per person, per meal - this can include a milkshake, smoothie, hot drink, beer, cider, wine, spirit with mixer or a cocktail - alcoholic drinks are for over 21s only†. On top of this, two snacks a day from a set list are included. You'll also get a refillable resort mug, which you can use to get unlimited free fountain soda refills, tea and coffee from the resort hotels only.
*Children aged 3 to 9 at the time of visit must order from a children’s menu where available. Gratuities are not included except at dinner shows, private in-room dining, pizza delivery, and Cinderella’s Royal Table. An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more. Certain menu items may incur an additional cost. An additional form of payment is required if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in for charging incidentals and other expenses. Fairytale Dining at Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner Shows and Signature Fine Dining require two waiter-service meal entitlements per person dining.
†Guests must be aged 21 or over and present valid ID to be served alcoholic beverages, and such beverages may only be redeemed with Self Service or Waiter Service meal entitlements. One beverage per meal.
HEALTH & BEAUTY
Coconut cream facials*, hot bamboo massages* and apple sugar scrubs* populate the spa menu. There's also a nail bar and a fitness centre.
- 24-hour fitness centre
State-of-the-art cardio equipment, plus free weights and resistance machines.
- Senses Spa*
This full-service spa offers packages, like a massage and body wrap, or a 4-hour indulgance of facial, massage, manicure and pedicure. There's also a steam room and whirlpool.
The mood's super-chilled in the jazz bar, and the Citricos Lounge does a good line in cocktails. Catching an al fresco movie's also a popular pick, and you'll need some marshmallows at the ready for nights around the campfire.
- Movies under the stars
Watch a Disney film out by the beach pool.
- Live orchestra
Live music in the lobby from the Grand Floridian Orchestra.
The courtyard pool's a real attention grabber, and hogs a big hunk of space in the middle of the grounds. The beach pool, meanwhile, is a walk-in number with views of the lagoon. It's got a waterfall trickling into the shallows and a grill restaurant for company.
The kids' splash pool pays homage to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. Water cascades out of a tipping green top hat, and sloshes out of gold teacups and jugs. Alice in Wonderland's elusive white rabbit is perched above the slide, too.
- Beach pool
Cool off in this huge pool overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon. Whiz down the 181-foot-long waterslide. Duck under cascading waterfalls and take a dip in the zero-depth entry pool. Nearby there's a water play area just for the little ones, and a pool bar and lounge for drinks and snacks.
- Courtyard pool
Escape to a serene place at this zero-entry pool that's just behind the main building. It's a little quieter out here, and there are a couple of whirlpools to relax in as well.
- Private cabanas*
You can hire your own cabana by the beach pool, if you really feel like spoiling yourself.
- Children's water play area
- Shuttle service
Complimentary bus transportation to and from all Disney theme parks, Disney water parks and Disney Springs is available.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dry-cleaning services*
With Disney store.
- Laundry service*
- Disney Guest Benefits
Disney Guest Benefits include:
• Extra Magic Hours - with Extra Magic Hours, each day one of the Disney Theme Parks is open an hour early or stays open up to two hours later, so you can enjoy selected attractions - valid Theme Park and Resort ID required.
• Disney FastPass+ Planning(1) - early access to reserve some Disney FastPass+ attractions, shows and more – up to 60 days before you arrive.
• Disney’s Complimentary Transportation - complimentary shuttle to and from the Disney Parks, Disney Springs and more.
• Free standard parking at all the Disney Theme Parks until 31st December 2019.
• Complimentary MagicBands(2) - use your secure MagicBands to access Disney Theme Parks, unlock your room, check-in at the FastPass+ entrance for attractions and entertainment, make payments at shops and restaurants, and link Disney PhotoPass photos to your Disney account.
(1) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required for Disney FastPass+. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
(2)Credit card must be presented at Walt Disney World Hotel check-in for purchase with MagicBand. Purchases are charged to your Disney Resort Hotel account. Your privacy is important to us - visit mydisneyexperience.co.uk/privacy for information about our privacy and data collection policies.
- Disney's Ultimate Ticket
Disney's Ultimate Ticket gives you entry to six parks in one ticket, offering ultimate flexibility. You'll be able to come and go to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park.
Disney's Ultimate Ticket also includes:
• Memory Maker(1) with an adults ticket only. This includes access to all of your photos taken by Disney PhotoPass Photographers during your stay, including those from Character Experiences and Magic Shots, plus photos from selected attractions and dining locations. You'll get digital copies to share, download and keep.
• Disney FastPass+(2). You can skip the queues and reserve slots for selected attractions and entertainment experiences before leaving home.
(1) Memory Maker includes Disney PhotoPass photos and other digital content taken during the Memory Maker window and linked to the Memory Maker guest’s Disney account. If Memory Maker is sold or ordered in combination with a Park ticket, the Memory Maker window for that Memory Maker entitlement will be equal to the usage window of the associated Park ticket and will automatically begin upon the first use of the associated Park ticket. The Memory Maker window will end upon the sooner of either the expiration or depletion of the Park ticket. A MagicBand is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content. Photos and other digital content will expire pursuant to the expiration policy at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support. Valid Theme Park admission required for certain photo locations. Memory Maker is subject to Memory Maker terms at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/memory-maker-terms and, if applicable, Family & Friends terms at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ en_GB/park-experience-terms-conditions. Disney is not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos or other digital content.
(2) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
BOOK NOW! Call us on: 0203 636 1310
Get our top deals delivered to your inbox.Sign up for offers
- Holiday Types
- Mid/Long haul
- Short haul
- All inclusive
Travel Aware – Staying Safe and Healthy Abroad
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel
More information is available by checking http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/info/travel-aware
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
Some of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each holiday and travel service offered before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk