Disney's Polynesian Resort delivers a couple of outdoor pools, including one with a slide-studded volcano beside it. Kids get their own pool, too. On the restaurant front the options veer from lively dinner shows to chilled tiki lounges. Open-air movie nights and campfires step in after dark. Fishing and boat trips are both on the activity list, and Lilo's Playhouse covers entertainment for nippers. A couple of Disney's theme parks – Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot – are just a short monorail ride away. And if you take a water taxi to nearby Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, you can treat yourself to a spa sesh.
SPORTS & ACTIVITIES
Campfires, fishing outings* and boat trips* are all stacked up in the activities hamper. There's also Lilo's Playhouse, for little'uns, plus open-air movies on the lawn after dark.
Hitting the parks is a cinch, thanks to the monorail stop outside the front door. It gets you to Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot in a jiffy. If you're handy with a set of clubs, Disney's Magnolia Golf Course is a couple of minutes' drive away, too.
- Boat rental*
- Games arcade*
- Bike hire
- Jogging track
FOOD & DRINK
Chow down island style at Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, where hula troupes, fire dancers and drummers perform while you eat. Pulled pork, Polynesian ribs and fruity desserts are all served on big platters.
The Kona Café blends Asian and American flavours, while Ohana lets you eat breakfast with Disney faves Lilo and Stitch. Tiki snacks are served in the Tambu Lounge, and Capt. Cook's rolls out curried seafood stew and Thai coconut meatballs.
- Kona Café*
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving American favourites with a hints of the South Seas. The sushi kitchen allows you to watch a talented row of traditional sushi chefs hand roll a selection of nigiri, sashimi and more.
- 'Ohana restaurant*
Family restaurant with Polynesian and American cuisine. Character breakfasts and dinners with story-telling and games.
- Captain Cook's snack company*
- Snack bar*
- Tambu Lounge cocktail bar*
- Barefoot poolside bar*
Sit on a bar stool and sip a frozen drink at this tikki hut.
- Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
As part of the included Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, you'll be able to have three meals a day, at over 100 Quick Service and Table Service venues across Walt Disney World Resort. One selected speciality drink is included per person, per meal - this can include a milkshake, smoothie, hot drink, beer, cider, wine, spirit with mixer or a cocktail - alcoholic drinks are for over 21s only†. On top of this, two snacks a day from a set list are included. You'll also get a refillable resort mug, which you can use to get unlimited free fountain soda refills, tea and coffee from the resort hotels only.
*Children aged 3 to 9 at the time of visit must order from a children’s menu where available. Gratuities are not included except at dinner shows, private in-room dining, pizza delivery, and Cinderella’s Royal Table. An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more. Certain menu items may incur an additional cost. An additional form of payment is required if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in for charging incidentals and other expenses. Fairytale Dining at Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner Shows and Signature Fine Dining require two waiter-service meal entitlements per person dining.
†Guests must be aged 21 or over and present valid ID to be served alcoholic beverages, and such beverages may only be redeemed with Self Service or Waiter Service meal entitlements. One beverage per meal.
HEALTH & BEAUTY
Hop aboard one of Disney's free water taxis, and you can float down to the spa at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. It's a Victorian-inspired set-up which offers massages* and beauty treatments*.
Sink a Polynesian Pearl or a HippopotoMai-Tai at Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace. Live music's a regular fixture at this al fresco bar, and there are a couple of places you can grab a drink indoors, as well.
- Live shows*
Disney's Spirit of Aloha live shows with delicious luau dinner feast. Reservation required on arrival.
- Club Disney*
At Club Disney, kids 3 to 12 years of age can enjoy activities inspired by classic tales like Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland and Pinnochio, all while parents explore on their own.
- Movies under the stars
Watch favourite Disney films at complimentary screenings on the beach nearest Nanea Volcano Pool.
Forget using steps or jumping in – the main pool here's a gently sloping, walk-in number. In true South Pacific style, there's a volcano poking out of the centre, too, but with slides instead of lava streams beside it.
- Nanea Volcano slide pool
With a 40-foot high volcano, a waterfall and a tubular waterslide this huge pool is next to the lake and the man-made beach.
- Children's water play area
Near the Nanea Volcano pool.
- 2nd outdoor pool
The Polynesian East Pool is nestled in a garden and promises a more tranquil swim for those looking to relax.
- Shuttle service
Complimentary bus transportation to and from all Disney theme parks, Disney water parks and Disney Springs is available.
- Disney store*
- Free Wi-Fi
In the lobby.
- Disney Guest Benefits
Disney Guest Benefits include:
• Extra Magic Hours - with Extra Magic Hours, each day one of the Disney Theme Parks is open an hour early or stays open up to two hours later, so you can enjoy selected attractions - valid Theme Park and Resort ID required.
• Disney FastPass+ Planning(1) - early access to reserve some Disney FastPass+ attractions, shows and more – up to 60 days before you arrive.
• Disney’s Complimentary Transportation - complimentary shuttle to and from the Disney Parks, Disney Springs and more.
• Free standard parking at all the Disney Theme Parks until 31st December 2019.
• Complimentary MagicBands(2) - use your secure MagicBands to access Disney Theme Parks, unlock your room, check-in at the FastPass+ entrance for attractions and entertainment, make payments at shops and restaurants, and link Disney PhotoPass photos to your Disney account.
(1) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required for Disney FastPass+. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
(2)Credit card must be presented at Walt Disney World Hotel check-in for purchase with MagicBand. Purchases are charged to your Disney Resort Hotel account. Your privacy is important to us - visit mydisneyexperience.co.uk/privacy for information about our privacy and data collection policies.
- Disney's Ultimate Ticket
Disney's Ultimate Ticket gives you entry to six parks in one ticket, offering ultimate flexibility. You'll be able to come and go to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park.
Disney's Ultimate Ticket also includes:
• Memory Maker(1) with an adults ticket only. This includes access to all of your photos taken by Disney PhotoPass Photographers during your stay, including those from Character Experiences and Magic Shots, plus photos from selected attractions and dining locations. You'll get digital copies to share, download and keep.
• Disney FastPass+(2). You can skip the queues and reserve slots for selected attractions and entertainment experiences before leaving home.
(1) Memory Maker includes Disney PhotoPass photos and other digital content taken during the Memory Maker window and linked to the Memory Maker guest’s Disney account. If Memory Maker is sold or ordered in combination with a Park ticket, the Memory Maker window for that Memory Maker entitlement will be equal to the usage window of the associated Park ticket and will automatically begin upon the first use of the associated Park ticket. The Memory Maker window will end upon the sooner of either the expiration or depletion of the Park ticket. A MagicBand is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content. Photos and other digital content will expire pursuant to the expiration policy at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support. Valid Theme Park admission required for certain photo locations. Memory Maker is subject to Memory Maker terms at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/memory-maker-terms and, if applicable, Family & Friends terms at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ en_GB/park-experience-terms-conditions. Disney is not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos or other digital content.
(2) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
BOOK NOW! Call us on: 0203 636 1310
Get our top deals delivered to your inbox.Sign up for offers
- Holiday Types
- Mid/Long haul
- Short haul
- All inclusive
Travel Aware – Staying Safe and Healthy Abroad
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel
More information is available by checking http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/info/travel-aware
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
Some of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each holiday and travel service offered before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk