Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter has a lake-like pool with a sea serpent slide. There's a small pool for kids, too, plus a handy waterside bar. The colour-splashed restaurant majors in Creole cuisine. With your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, you're free to choose from more than 100 dining venues around Walt Disney World Resort, too. There are free shuttles to the Disney Parks, and your ultimate ticket gets you access to all six of them. Sports-wise, horse and carriage rides and cycling top the bill. There's also a playground and an arcade. In the evening, you can throw back a cocktail in the jazz lounge.
SPORTS & ACTIVITIES
Take your foot off the gas with a horse-drawn carriage ride* along the banks of the Sassagoula River. Back at the hotel, you can play air hockey and pinball in the arcade*, or let the kids loose in the poolside playground.
- Disney's Oak Trail walking course*
- 2 playgrounds
- 2 games arcades*
FOOD & DRINK
The Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory* feels like a restaurant-cum-funhouse. Masquerade-style masks, giant ice-cream cones and dancing jesters dangle from the ceiling. The menu features southern classics like jambalaya, fried chicken, and catfish with Cajun rice.
- Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory *
In the French Quarter, this place has giant Mardi Gras parade icons hanging overhead, and they serve burgers, sandwiches, muffalettas and ice-cream.
- Boatwright's Dining Hall restaurant*
Over at the Riverside there's Boatwright's Dining Hall which is styled like a rustic shipyard and serves up Cajun dishes.
- Mardi Grogs poolside bar*
For beer, wine, speciality drinks and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Riverside Mill food court*
In the Riverside area there's a self-service food court with a burger bar, barbecue, Italian restaurant and bakery.
- Scat Cat's lounge bar*
For speciality drinks and cocktails.
- Muddy Rivers poolside bar*
In the Riverside area.
- Pizza delivery*
Offering a delivery of pizza, sandwiches, salad, dessert and beverages in the evening.
- River Roost lounge bar*
In the Riverside area.
- Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
As part of the included Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, you'll be able to have three meals a day, at over 100 Quick Service and Table Service venues across Walt Disney World Resort. One selected speciality drink is included per person, per meal - this can include a milkshake, smoothie, hot drink, beer, cider, wine, spirit with mixer or a cocktail - alcoholic drinks are for over 21s only†. On top of this, two snacks a day from a set list are included. You'll also get a refillable resort mug, which you can use to get unlimited free fountain soda, tea and coffee refills from the resort hotels only.
*Children aged 3 to 9 at the time of visit must order from a children’s menu where available. Gratuities are not included except at dinner shows, private in-room dining, pizza delivery, and Cinderella’s Royal Table. An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more. Certain menu items may incur an additional cost. An additional form of payment is required if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in for charging incidentals and other expenses. Fairytale Dining at Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner Shows and Signature Fine Dining require two waiter-service meal entitlements per person dining.
†Guests must be aged 21 or over and present valid ID to be served alcoholic beverages, and such beverages may only be redeemed with Self Service or Waiter Service meal entitlements. One beverage per meal.
Scat Cat’s Club* runs to a jazz beat, and serves cocktails to match the Deep South theme. Take the Sazerac for instance – this concoction blends American whiskey with Pernod and sweet agave nectar.
Catch a Disney flick on the outdoor cinema screen, or pop yourself down beside the campfire for marshmallows and music.
The main pool, Doubloon Lagoon, is an attention-grabber. It's got a huge sea serpent arching across the water, with Neptune riding on its neck. Its tongue doubles up as a waterslide, and there's a kids' pool close by.
Grab a seat at Mardi Grogs*, the poolside bar, and you can order smoothies, sangria and snacks.
- Doubleloon Lagoon pool
In the heart of the French Quarter you'll find it's Mardi Gras every day, with a sea-serpent waterslide, whirlpool and a themed pool bar
- Ol' Man Island themed pool over at the Riverside
When you stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter, you can use this pool too. It's styled like a disused saw mill and features an old-fashioned fishin' hole to swim in, a 95-foot waterslide, a whirlpool and a themed pool bar.
- 2 children's water play areas
- 5 more outdoor pools around the resort
These quieter pools are scattered around the Riverside part of the resort, and you can use these too when you stay at the French Quarter.
- Shuttle service
Complimentary bus transportation to and from all Disney theme parks, Disney water parks and Disney Springs is available.
- Laundry service*
- Self-service laundry*
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fulton's Disney store*
Offering character merchandise.
- Disney Guest Benefits
Disney Guest Benefits include:
• Extra Magic Hours - with Extra Magic Hours, each day one of the Disney Theme Parks is open an hour early or stays open up to two hours later, so you can enjoy selected attractions - valid Theme Park and Resort ID required.
• Disney FastPass+ Planning(1) - early access to reserve some Disney FastPass+ attractions, shows and more – up to 60 days before you arrive.
• Disney’s Complimentary Transportation - complimentary shuttle to and from the Disney Parks, Disney Springs and more.
• Free standard parking at all the Disney Theme Parks until 31st December 2019.
• Complimentary MagicBands(2) - use your secure MagicBands to access Disney Theme Parks, unlock your room, check-in at the FastPass+ entrance for attractions and entertainment, make payments at shops and restaurants, and link Disney PhotoPass photos to your Disney account.
(1) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required for Disney FastPass+. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
(2)Credit card must be presented at Walt Disney World Hotel check-in for purchase with MagicBand. Purchases are charged to your Disney Resort Hotel account. Your privacy is important to us - visit mydisneyexperience.co.uk/privacy for information about our privacy and data collection policies.
- Disney's Ultimate Ticket
Disney's Ultimate Ticket gives you entry to six parks in one ticket, offering ultimate flexibility. You'll be able to come and go to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park.
Disney's Ultimate Ticket also includes:
• Memory Maker(1) with an adults ticket only. This includes access to all of your photos taken by Disney PhotoPass Photographers during your stay, including those from Character Experiences and Magic Shots, plus photos from selected attractions and dining locations. You'll get digital copies to share, download and keep.
• Disney FastPass+(2). You can skip the queues and reserve slots for selected attractions and entertainment experiences before leaving home.
(1) Memory Maker includes Disney PhotoPass photos and other digital content taken during the Memory Maker window and linked to the Memory Maker guest’s Disney account. If Memory Maker is sold or ordered in combination with a Park ticket, the Memory Maker window for that Memory Maker entitlement will be equal to the usage window of the associated Park ticket and will automatically begin upon the first use of the associated Park ticket. The Memory Maker window will end upon the sooner of either the expiration or depletion of the Park ticket. A MagicBand is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content. Photos and other digital content will expire pursuant to the expiration policy at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support. Valid Theme Park admission required for certain photo locations. Memory Maker is subject to Memory Maker terms at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/memory-maker-terms and, if applicable, Family & Friends terms at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ en_GB/park-experience-terms-conditions. Disney is not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos or other digital content.
(2) Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. Disney FastPass+ attractions are subject to change.
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
BOOK NOW! Call us on: 0203 636 1310
Get our top deals delivered to your inbox.Sign up for offers
- Holiday Types
- Mid/Long haul
- Short haul
- All inclusive
Travel Aware – Staying Safe and Healthy Abroad
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel
More information is available by checking http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/info/travel-aware
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
Some of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each holiday and travel service offered before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk