16) Can I carry a drone as baggage on a TUI flight?
A drone or "unmanned aerial vehicle" (UAV) can be safely carried on TUI flights provided the following precautions are followed:
- If lithium-ion or lithium polymer batteries are used, the drone can be carried as checked baggage or carry-on baggage, as long as the drone can be protected from inadvertent activation.
- The size and weight limits of checked or carry-on baggage is not exceeded.
- Spare batteries must be protected from short circuit and damage, and can be carried in carry-on baggage only.
- For drones powered by batteries up to 100Wh, prior approval by TUI is not required. For drones with batteries exceeding 100Wh but not exceeding 160Wh, prior approval by TUI is required. In this case, please contact us.
Drones and batteries exceeding 160Wh are forbidden from carriage.
a number of countries have strict guidelines on the use of drones, where some countries do not allow drones to be used at all. Please check the local regulation of your destination country before
In the UK, the Civil Aviation Authority has produced guidelines on the safe and legal use of drones: https://dronesafe.uk/
Sorry we couldn't help. Please contact us
for more information
Thanks for your feedback. We'll use it to improve our answers.
Does this answer your question ?