First Choice holidays to St Lucia are likely to start up again in the next few weeks.
Once the government advice changes, you’ll be able to go on holiday to St Lucia with First Choice again. You’ll find everything you need to know about your holiday right here, from social distancing to face masks. There’s no doubt your getaway will be a little different, as we all get used to the new normal. But, here at First Choice, we’re working our flip flops off to make sure you still have a fantastic time. It’s all part of our Holiday Promise, which is designed to give you complete peace of mind.
We’ve got your back
COVID Cover, which you can use as an add-on to your usual travel insurance, is included as standard on all First Choice holidays departing up to the end of April 2021. It means you can change your booking for free if you get COVID-19 before your holiday or if you’re officially required to isolate prior to your travel dates. This also applies if your local area goes into lockdown over the dates you are due to depart. . A Holiday to Home insurance policy is also part of the package. This sorts you out for medical assistance abroad, testing costs and a flight home for treatment if you need it. T&Cs apply.
On your flight and at your hotel
Flights for most First Choice holidays are with TUI, our sister company. They’ve got a heap of new measures in place to keep you safe. We’re talking regular deep-cleaning, online check-in and rules around face masks. We’re keeping a close eye on our hotels, too, to make sure they’re squeaky-clean and properly prepped before re-opening their doors. Find out more about what to expect on your First Choice holiday.
THE FIRST CHOICE HOLIDAY PROMISE
- COVID Cover* included
- First Choice quality standards guaranteed
- Around-the-clock support
- Quarantine-free destinations only
- Flexible options if your holiday can’t go ahead
Find out more about our promise, as well as everything we’re doing to keep you safe, on our Travel With Confidence hub.
Here are the main things you need to be aware of.
|Social distancing distance||1.5 metres.|
|Face mask requirements for adults||Face masks are mandatory in public places.|
|Face mask requirements for children||Face masks are advised for children in spaces where social distancing is difficult or not possible.|
|Passenger Locator Forms and testing requirements||TESTING REQUIREMENTS
• All passengers aged over five years need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test, taken no more than seven days prior to boarding your flight.
• Evidence of the negative test result for each passenger needs to be submitted via email prior to travelling to St Lucia. The test results should be sent to TravelSaintLucia@gmail.com, with email@example.com cc’d in.
• You’ll need to make your own arrangements to take the test and it’s your responsibility to ensure you get the tests carried out. That said, we’ve teamed up with a global healthcare partner to help you with COVID-19 testing for your holiday.
• If you don’t have proof of a negative PCR test on arrival, you’ll be required to self-isolate and take a test. If you test positive, you’ll be transferred to a treatment facility, where you’ll stay until you have two negative PCR test results.
• Health screenings and temperature checks are also being carried out on arrival. Find out more here.
FREE TESTING KITS
• Flight-only and accommodation-only bookings aren’t applicable for the free tests, but you can still purchase tests at a discounted price.
PASSENGER LOCATOR FORMS
• All adults over 18 must complete a pre-arrival registration form. The deadline for this is no later than three days before travelling. We recommend you do this as soon as you’ve booked your holiday. After completing the form you’ll be issued with an ID number, which you should keep hold of.
• Within a few days of completing the form, you’ll be sent an email with your Travel Authorisation. You can’t travel without this. You’ll need to print and show this to your airline when you check in. If you haven’t received this email five days before you travel, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what you can expect while you’re out and about in St Lucia.
|Beaches||All of our hotels have their own private beach, which you’ll be able to use on your holiday.|
|Restaurants||Open, with COVID-19 procedures in place.|
|Sights||You’ll only be able to head out sightseeing on an excursion organised by us or your hotel.|
|Supermarkets||Open, with capacity limits.|
|Other facilities||You must stay at your hotel for the duration of your holiday, unless you are on an excursion arranged by us or the hotel. Other than this, you can’t leave the hotel, whether on foot or in a vehicle.|
Here’s the key information on getting to St Lucia.
|Flights with First Choice||Check in for your flight on the First Choice or First Choice App or online. Check-in opens 24 hours before your flight, and closes three hours before departure. You’ll be asked to certify that you’re fit to travel.|
Here are your options for travelling within St Lucia.
|Car rental||Not yet known – we’re working on it.|
|Public transport||Operating at a reduced capacity, with rules around social distancing in place. You’ll need to wear a mask, too.|
|Hiking||You must stay at your hotel for the duration of your holiday, unless you are on an excursion arranged by us or the hotel.|
|Biking||You must stay at your hotel for the duration of your holiday, unless you are on an excursion arranged by us or the hotel.|
For more information, take a look at the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice on travelling to St Lucia.
Read the full FCDO advice here
Just so you know, the information on this page is updated during office hours, Monday to Friday. You’ll always find the latest information on our 24/7 Travel Alert page.